Monday, September 04, 2006

The Penny Drops














I need to make a correction! The information I gave you yesterday about the anniversary mass being for Joe's son was not accurate. We were driving along to the church and I was double checking with Joe to make sure I had remembered correctly. He rubbed his forehead and said.."I gave you the wrong information, Judy. The anniversary mass is for Ann's first husband, not our son. The penny dropped!" I said, "The penny dropped?" Joe said, "Yep, the penny dropped. It is when you realise something, the penny drops!"

I spelled realise with the "s" because that is also how it is done here. I have noticed that ever since I have been talking with Joe. He uses the "s" often where we use the "z".

Both pictures today are from Lookout, the beautiful spot just fifteen minutes outside Nenagh.

Today, we are going to a place called Cobh, pronounced Cove. It is the place the emigrants emigrated from. Since I have been to Ellis Island and have seen the destination spot, we thought it might be a nice experience to see the other side. A long time ago Joe did a post on the american wake. The american wake is a time when the families of those who were emigrating to America gathered. It was a time given to the young people who were leaving their country to say good bye and mourn the family members, parents, siblings and so forth that they might never see again.

I can't even imagine.....

I love you and miss you! xoxo

No comments: