Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Rainy Day In Nenagh

Today was the first day we have gone out of the house. We had to solve the "hair dryer for Judy" problem as tomorrow is a big and important day.

Tomorrow is the day we go to church for the 10th anniversary mass for Joe's late wife, Ann. Tom and I feel very honored to be a part of Joe's life and to participate in tomorrow's recognition of this very important person in his life.

As it turns out, Greta, a friend of Joe's and now ours, offered to let me borrow a hair dryer so I wouldn't have to go out and buy one. This is just another example of how kind and generous everyone is here. I cannot say enough how welcome both Tom and I feel.

Below are some pictures of the day here in Nenagh as we drove downtown in search of not only a hair dryer but a new little table and lamp to go beside the couch where I sit. In fact, I am happily sitting right in my spot with my new table and lamp beside me. Joe is afraid it will be missing when I leave. It won't be Joe. I promise!

You will see how drizzly and rainy it was here today. It didn't matter. It was just nice to get out and feel the air and see the town bustling. I hope you enjoy seeing Nenagh. It has been home to Joe for 46 years.

Following the pictures are two videos showing Nenagh bustling with activity in spite of the rain.

Pictures of Nenagh..........



And, now the videos..........



7 comments:

June Trottier said...

Hello Judy, thanks for sharing your adventure in Ireland. You sound so sick my friend, I do hope its just the jet lag, your voice is not the same..Sure looks exciting to ride on the left had side of the street. But no thanks. lol Have a great trip and be safe..June

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures, Judy. Nenagh reminds me a lot of the small village I grew up in England. So glad you are having fun and didn't burn Joe's place down.

Hugs,
Brook

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

You do a great job with the Blogs. Today was the first I had time to look. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. I loved the pictures and videos. I think I would have trouble driving around in Ireland. They drive on the wrong side of the road!! lol

I know you are having a great time. Its wonderful that you, your husband Tom & Joe have such a great friendship.

You have a real talent for writing and keeping things interesting. I do have a question for Joe.......where is Mickey?

Take care bye now
LBI/Mary

Anonymous said...

I LOVE driving right up to Joe's house!! I LOVE it! I can't wait until I get to be there for real!!!!!

Adam Wright said...

Looks lik Joe's hometown is larger than 6,000. The pictures give it a feel of being much bigger.

Anonymous said...

Judy,

You are living my dream come true! I love the pictures and posts. REST your voice so you can make more videos!

Friendship is wonderful - and you & Tom & Joe are lucky to be friends! 10 years is a long time for Joe to be without his Ann, but I am sure for him it still feels like yesterday.... I look forward to MORE!

It is the next best thing to being there. I am sure many people are living this trip as I am - vicariously through YOU! Get Well First though!!

Then take more videos please!

love,
Lois

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy---Keep it coming several here are enjoying it Hugs Betsy