Thursday, May 03, 2007

Right Up There With My Fridge

I just got the nicest compliment from my friend, Joe. He said, "I really miss your fridge, but I miss you more!"

One might wonder how this came up. Well, I told Joe about my grocery shopping trip today and that I had stocked up on lots of good things because I never know who might end up coming over on the weekend. And, this weekend, Adam, Sara Beth, Joseph, Kallsen and Parker are coming which often ends up meaning Sarah and her family and Kara and her family, or parts thereof, show up as well. Sometimes, I am the last one to know there is a party about to happen at my house, so I like to be prepared.

Joe said to me, "I miss that hospitality!" And, then went on to say in all seriousness, "Yep, I really miss your fridge, but I miss you more!"

I tell you...it made my day! Thanks Joe! My fridge misses you!

So do I!

6 comments:

Life Is Good said...

this surely deserves a comment judy but i just can't think of one at the moment...give me time tho...give me time...lol
joe

Judy Roo said...

take all the time you want joe and I only wish I had a pic of you hugging my fridge...: )

Judy Roo said...

actually joe...my mom would have loved that compliment too..my mom always gave the gift of food and to know you thought my fridge was interesting and made you feel welcome makes me think of my mom in such a nice way....

Adam Wright said...

Maybe you need a picture of your fridge on this post...one of the outside of the fridge and one of the inside...

Judy Roo said...

I thought of that ad.......I was talking to joe at the same time he said this...and I zoomed to put it on the blog.....joe laughed and laughed..and said..."do I want to see this?"

Anonymous said...

Laughing here....leave it to joe to miss the fridge!