Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Double Virus?

Two of us here at my house have been out of commission the last few days. I am one. My laptop is the other. I have what must be a spring cold with fatigue and laryngitis and my laptop might also have a virus . I have not gone to the doctor, but my laptop has, and it won't be home again for a couple of days.

Since I have owned my laptop the two of us have been virtually inseparable. Now, that is a funny thought! To some people, a computer might be a thing, an object, a machine. When I got my first desktop computer in 1998, I wanted it to be my friend and treated it as such. When I got my first laptop in 2006, it became a part of my relaxation. I use it while sitting in my recliner, the phone beside me, the TV in front of me (so I can watch American Idol or HGTV) , and I have a blanket close at hand in case I get cold. All my creature comforts are there.

While what I have just described might sound simple, it is significant. Everything I have told you is to share something very important. The scene above is to give you a little peek into what has become my own personal sancuary. Until my laptop returns, I am here at my desktop. Not to be totally undone by this situation, I have moved another recliner over here and piled it with pillows to make it usable and ohhhhh so much more comfortable than an office chair. My laptop might have a virus, and I probably have a virus, but the viruses will not get me down.

Perhaps, as the saying goes, truth IS stranger than fiction. I might just write a book titled, "The Day My Laptop Left Me".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! A recliner! The day my laptop left me!

Hahahaha!!!

I love you Mom! You're doing a good job with your computer issues!

Judy Roo said...

laughing.....thanks kara roo..I love you too...so much..I can just hear you..it is music to my ears!

Life Is Good said...

Is that my blue recliner Judy, by any chance?
Well I hope you soon get rid your own virus and you will soon feel better.
I know too how important your laptop is to you. Hopefully you will soon both be back to full health.
Joe.

Judy Roo said...

it surely is your blue recliner joe..I would have thought you thought it was green...: )

and thanks....I know you know how important my laptop is to me and I know we will both be back to full health soon...it will hopefully be just a day or two..not many folks can say "happiness is just a day away!"

Adam Wright said...

I can understand where you're coming from. With the new position and no computer access from the hotel, I'm subject to very little time to check personal email and blogs. I'm very used to reading blogs and doing some surfing to relax. I guess I'm just going to have to play Disc Golf to relax instead...

Judy Roo said...

so nice to hear from you ad..I figured you would understand..and I have wondered about computer access for you..it is a strange feeling isn't it to be without the things that you count on to relax?

there are always things we can do but our bodies miss the tried and true..they become a part of us...it won't be long honey and life will have some normalcy again..looking forward to seeing you in just a couple weeks now..yayyyyy

Adam Wright said...

I miss more the interaction with the kids and with talking with Sara Beth. I think Kallsen is having a particular hard time with not seeing his Daddy. Sara says he still looks out the window hoping to see my drive up after work.

Parker looks to...and Joseph, while he would never say it, misses me to.

I try to call every night and talk with Sara. I do talk with Kallsen most times I call if it is before bedtime. I try and talk with Joseph and Parker too.