Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh, Deer!


I walked upstairs from my computer two days ago and saw Tom standing at the kitchen window taking some pictures. Five deer were in our back yard. This is becoming a more and more common scene and one that never ceases to amaze and fascinate me. If you look closely you will see four deer standing and one deer lying down to the right.

When I look at this picture I feel calm and peace, and it silences my mind with its beauty. I got another quote in my email that explains the effect on me.

"True silence is the rest of the mind. It is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment." (William Penn)

2 comments:

Adam Wright said...

As populated as Plymouth has become it is amazing that you have so many visitors to your backyard.

Anonymous said...

Wow.....hardly do we ever see these things in the big city. In our back yards that is...