Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Am His Child

My dad stopped by unexpectedly today. He had been up to visit my sister, Linda and her husband Dave, for their birthdays and stopped to see us on his way home. It was meant to be a half hour or hour visit he said. Two and a half hours later he said he should probably be going.

What did we do to fill the time? Well, he told us all about the comics he likes to read in the paper and the new spaghetti sauce he got the recipe for. He just loves it! We looked at some of our pictures from Ireland, and I brought my laptop and webcam upstairs so we could get my friend, Joe from Ireland, on the webcam and have my dad meet Joe. This was a really new experience for my dad. Just the thought of talking to someone as far away as Ireland on the computer and actually see each other was mind boggling for my dad. Remember, he is 94 years old! My dad...not Joe!

Just kidding, Joe!! Funny girl!

It was a nice visit and gave me just one more reason to celebrate that I am his child.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice! Great picture and lovely music! So nice to have you post a new blog.

I love you mom!

Adam Wright said...

I get tears in my eyes just reading this post. It's amazing what little acts such as what your Dad did yesterday can do to us...

Sara's grandparents were known for never visiting anyone's house very little if ever at all. One day, while living in Union, a knock came to our door. It was her Nonnie and Papa. They were in town and decided to visit. I'm sure that was a very rare for them to just drop in that way.

I'm glad you had a nice visit.

AJ

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture! How nice that Grandpa stopped by! I love you!

Judy Roo said...

Thanks Kara....there is something about this song...and it is nice for me too.......to be blogging again...it fills me with wonderful feelings..

Judy Roo said...

It is true Ad....this kind of little act costs nothing and yet has great meaning...I am glad that
Sara Beth's Nonnie and Papa gave you both that nice memory..

Judy Roo said...

Thanks Sarah...I will make a copy of that picture to give to grandpa..he had a nice time and talked about how fast the time went..I don't think he could believe he had stayed for so long..it was a nice visit!

Judy Roo said...

I love you Sarah..I love you Kara...I love you Adam!

Anonymous said...

I’m glad you had such a nice visit from your dad Judy. Thank you for arranging for us to talk. It was a great experience to talk to such a pleasant and friendly person. An experience I am unlikely to forget. He’s one of the people I’m certainly looking forward to seeing in March.
Joe.

Judy Roo said...

joe..my dad enjoyed it too!! tom and I got to thinking about how many other 94 year olds we talk to and couldn't come up with any...I guess we just take it for granted that everyone has our experience...I can't wait to sit and listen to you and my dad talk in march...it just might be an experience of a lifetime for him...counting down the days joe!