Thursday, November 23, 2006

Adam Playing In The Snow



For those of you who read my son's blog, you have seen the picture of Adam packing a frisbee disc with snow. He said it was all he had to use for packing snow for his boys so they could build a snow fort. It seemed a poor second to the snow block maker he had as a child.

I remember the snow block makers. They were red, rectangular plastic open blocks with handles. The kids would spend hours filling them with snow and packing it down real good. One by one, the blocks of snow would be stacked one on the other, and sure enough, block by block, a fort would be built. They were such simple snow toys, yet provided hours and hours of fun, cooperation and achievement.

The second picture is of all three kids looking out the window of one of their forts. Sarah is on the right, Kara is in the back and Adam is on the left.

Children of mine, I love you!

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Its very true…toys were much simpler then than they are now. I remember being able to play for hours with just my imagination.

Judy Roo said...

one of my favorite stories of you adam is how you would play for hours with a lid off a peanut butter jar...you would make designs in the nap of an area rug we had....you could do that for hours..make a design...and wipe it away with a swish of your hand..then start all over again..I just loved that!

Anonymous said...

I remember doing that in the carpet at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was always so much fun!