Saturday, December 01, 2007

First Snowstorm Of The Winter Of 2007

We are getting our first snowstorm of the winter today. The weathermen were forecasting the snow would be coming around noon today. It actually started coming down about 8:30 this morning. We are supposed to get between five and eight inches during the day and maybe three to five inches more by morning.

This is not a nice light fluffy romantic snow. How do I know this? I know this because I had to get out to the store and get some food to see us through the next couple of days for sure. The wind was blowing, the small amount of snow on the road was drifting and the snow that hit my face felt more like frozen spittle. Made myself laugh. Somehow spittle doesn't come close to romantic.

Below are some pictures of my house as I am getting it ready for Christmas and of the snowstorm so far.

A little Christmas tree with a little train and music box


Memories of Kallsen and Christmas last year. This little train that is in pieces used to be the train under the little Christmas tree above. When Kallsen was here last year we were all sitting around the fireplace room and before we knew it Kallsen had hold of the little train and it went flying across the room. It was one of those times you just had to laugh. It can be put back together but I like it this way if the truth be known. I love you Kallsen! xo

Front deck with two benches

Wintry scene

The bags of groceries I went out to get this morning putting my life at risk (ok, not really)

I love this little doll looking out the window. I make up stories about her and what she is doing. Today she is watching the storm and reminding me of the four little grandsons who love to stand at this window and look out too

7 comments:

Rose said...

How very interesting , we too had the first snow of the winter yesterday here in Romania. I moved from Manchester, England last dec. to come and live here. I think maybe it is a similar place to where you live. I don't have a doll in my window but a rooster (metal) and often talk to it or my two budgies. Hope you find time to read my blog kind regards Rose .

Rose said...

Forgot to ask, how did you get music on your blog please, Rose

Judy Roo said...

Hi Rose...thank you for writing a comment on my blog...that is just so nice...I will surely read your blog...I am talking to a friend from Ireland right now on skype and he is reading your blog as I am writing this comment..you can get to his blog from mine..it is called Life Is Good..you will enjoy his too...Judy

Judy Roo said...

I can give you information about how I get music on my blog Rose..if you have an email it might be easier to give you the information that way..so if you are open to sharing emails let me know.......thanks again..it is nice to meet you..actually my friend from Ireland just said your email is on your blog...I will get it there if that is ok..

Diana said...

Judy,
Its always a pleasure to check out your blog... It looks like a beautiful place.. Did I see two bags of chips to hold you over on this snowy day? Ha

Judy Roo said...

lol dianehess.....you did!!! and that is just the start of it...

Adam Wright said...

Kallsen still has an amazing talent at making things fly. I'm guess he may be a disc player just like his Daddy. His two brothers also have that same talent.