Sunday, December 09, 2007

Amelia Had A Special Day Yesterday

Yesterday was the big production of the Christmas musical at my daughter's church. Our granddaughter, Amelia, has participated in the children's youth program for a number of years. Each year they rehearse for months to put on a Christmas program that is excellent. The dedication of everyone involved is really something.

They do two performances and the children get a break in between. Animal crackers and juice boxes help keep them going. The set and costumes rival broadway, but mostly the time and effort that goes into this is amazing.

Amelia was in an ensemble this year. She sang with two other children. I didn't get a picture of that, but I do have a picture of her in the large group. You did such a good job, Amelia, and grandpa and I were so happy to be there to see you perform!


Amelia during the break between performances

Hi grandma

Part of the beautiful set.......what is it about lights that are so magical

Yayyyyyyy...food

Amelia and mom (Kara) during the break

Thank you for a beautiful performance Amelia...we love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds just amazing!! I'm so sorry I missed it!!

Judy Roo said...

we were sorry you weren't able to be there too auntie sarah roo...we missed you!

Rose said...

What a lovely family you have , must put some photo's of mine on my blog. It doesn't matter about the music Judy I will get my grandson to show me but it lovely to talk to you. My gang have just gone after eating my home made soup and roast pork, I was teaching Rosanna to knit she is 8 yrs. and Kathy and Kenneth are in the process of adopting her. She is a little gipsy girl who's mummy died and she was abused and sent begging so we took her in , bless her she is so sweet and can speak very good english now , she spends alot of time with me so speaks with a lancashire accent , quite funny. Kind regards Rose x

Anonymous said...

Amelia looks so grown up! I especially like the picture of Amelia with Kara -- I think they both look so happy and beautiful. Wish I could have seen the show!

Judy Roo said...

thank you rose....it would be nice to see your family too...I love the story of little Rosanna..what kindness you all have offered and she couldnt have gotten a better home..

I use a music site to get my music choices..they come in wav files..I convert them to mp3's using another program and then upload them into another site called Audiogenerator that has a monthly fee..and it is from that site that I get the html code to put the music on my site.....see what I mean rose? there are some ins and outs to getting the music on..there might be a better way but that is how I do it..

keep writing rose..it is so nice to get to know you, your new country and soon your family...x

Judy Roo said...

hi lara....doesn't she though...I don't know where the time goes..it was a great production and amelia did a great job...I like the pic of kara and amelia too....nice when you get a good pic now and then ..

I always love when you comment lara..it is always nice to hear from you...

Anonymous said...

Lara, that would have been great! I will be sure to let you know when the next one is. It will be sometime in May.