Monday, January 01, 2007

A Very Special Christmas Invitation

Sometimes a gramma's life is too wonderful for words. But, if you know me, I will find some. You see, the deal is this. On December 20, 2006 I was invited to Davey's pre-school Christmas program. He was so excited! He had learned songs, actions and how to stand on the bleachers. The teachers had mentioned to the parents that their child might leave the bleachers and come sit with them, so we were prepared for just that. But, Davey stood as still as could be in his little spot for the entire program. As he walked in to take his spot, he saw his daddy and mommy and me sitting in the audience with cameras poised. He waved and called out hi to all of us. It was as precious a moment as I have had.

After the program and reception, Davey wanted to show me his classroom. As you can see, I found the most comfortable seat in the room and Davey brought some books for us to read. It was a wonderful wonderful day and Davey did a wonderful job!

Thank you mommy for inviting me to this very special day!





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful day. So special. So precious. I was so proud of Davey, I had tears in my eyes! I love him so much! He was so excited to have you there, Gamma!

Judy Roo said...

It was a wonderful day! He did such a good job and I felt as special as could be...he wanted to introduce me to so many people! His excitement and joy for life fill my world with wonder and beauty!