Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Memories That Come With The Decorating

Decorating the house for Christmas has always been fun for me. It is also a little bit of work and sometimes an exercise in creativity. I love to create little settings that give me a feeling. Each year I do a little something different and somehow whatever I do ends up having a bit of sentiment, nostalgia and smiles.

This year the table in the upstairs hallway was the place I found a new and fun thought that makes me smile every time I think about it. And, a smile from the inside is awfully close to the feeling of magic.

The magic is in the last picture. You will see why because I will tell you why. See, even that made me smile!

The hall table upstairs has a new scene on it this year. I made a little setting with two lighted Hummel houses that Tom gave me a few years ago. One building is a church and the other is a house. I have two little lit Christmas trees, a sweet birdhouse with sleds resting on it and the whole setting is surrounded by three angels. I wanted the feeling of love and protection and the good news to surround the little world I created. And let's not forget the snowflakes hanging on the greenery. Everything is nice and safe and warm and cozy.

This is the upstairs scene in the dark of night with just the lights from the table and houses turned on....no overhead light and no flash. This one brings me peace and calm.


And, this picture is the magical one for me. This one is what my little grandchildren would see if they were making their way upstairs and peeked through the railing. I love life seen through a child's eyes.

Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Judy Roo said...

thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nice Mom.

Judy Roo said...

thanks honey!