Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Like To Think.......

I like to think I have a special relationship with all the grandchildren. When Tom, Joe and I were in South Carolina in October this year, Joe, Joseph and I went to Wal-mart to do a little shopping. I can't remember the exact circumstances of this picture. I was either going to thank Joseph for being such a good boy or was letting him know what would happen if he didn't stay close by us so we would know where he was.

I think leaving red love marks on children is a great way to invite cooperation. As you can see in the picture, Joseph is saying, "No, granma...........anything but that!"

We had so much fun that day! Joseph left the store a happy boy with two t-shirts with funny sayings on them, a dress shirt with a tie and a new wallet. Joe left the store a poorer man with a new digital camera and a new shirt for his brother-in-law, Neil, back in Ireland, and I left the store a richer girl for having had such a nice time.

Yep, I like to think I have a special relationship with all the grandchildren. And, someday, they might just let me leave red love marks on their faces. I love you Joseph!

No, granma.........anything but that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That great!

Life Is Good said...

I remember that day so well. I really enjoyed the time we spent with Joseph. And, even if I did leave the store a slightly poorer man, I certainly left it richer in happiness and good fortune to have such marvellous people in my life.
I love you too Joseph.

Anonymous said...

Joseph, I feel your pain! At least you knew it was happening!! Grandma kissed me and left a love mark on my face, but I didn't know about it and walked around the mall with it!!!