Thursday, July 13, 2006

Funny How Others Teach Us About Ourselves

I was talking with my friend, Joe, this morning. I was telling him about two of our grandkids, Josh and Amelia, staying with us the next couple of nights. I told him about washing sheets and getting beds ready. Amelia's bed is ready to go. But, the bed Josh has always slept in has been turned into a toddler bed for his little cousin, Kallsen. This presents a dilemna. Where will Josh sleep? Josh has slept in that bed since he was a little boy, but at 16, he is now the size of a man. So, I am making up the other twin bed in that room, (Sarah's old room..Josh's room...now Kallsen and Joseph's room too). I am also making up the bed in another bedroom, (Adam's old room...Christopher's room..Adam and Sara Beth's room too).

I said to Joe, "I wonder where Josh will decide to sleep?"

As in any other good story, Joe laughed and said to me......"I am starting to understand you. Another would make up a bed...you have to make up a choice!"

He is so right!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so right!

I love you Mom

Adam Wright said...

That's pretty well explains the way you think...does this mean we shouldn't come for a visit these next couple of days?

Judy Roo said...

I love you too kara roo...and now the spaghettios are bought..the wheaties are bought and the apple juice is bought..along with a few other things that fall into the category of "just in case!"

Judy Roo said...

hi adam....you can certainly come..we will just have to figure it out all over again...I just love having the beds and rooms here and ready for any or all of you!

Anonymous said...

Can we come over, too?

Judy Roo said...

I can't think of anything nicer sarah roo......

Tom Wright said...

Laughing out loud!

Judy Roo said...

it really was funny wasn't it tom?