Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Son

(Gershwin Lullaby..........Click to play)

Our daughter-in-law, Sara Beth, called me this afternoon. Adam, our son, is in California this week attending a convention for his work at the radio station. It is funny, and yet not so funny, that when Adam called earlier this week I said to him, "I have just one thing to tell you Adam...do NOT get the swine flu while you are there."

In my mind's eye I saw and heard the look I love so much when he replied, "I won't, Mom."

Nobody knew how fast this swine flu would move when he left for California. Sara Beth wanted us to know that California has now put a restriction on flights out of California. She said they will be taking every passengers temperature at the airport and if anyone has a fever, they will not be allowed to fly.

Adam is fine so far. He has gotten face masks, vitamins and every conceivable supplement he can in an effort to remain healthy and be able to make the flight home.

Sara Beth has been alone with the three boys and working for the last week. The little boys love their daddy and simply don't want to sleep when he is not there, which makes for a very tired mommy.

She was sweet tonight on the phone. She told me she said to Adam, "You have to come home. You have to come home."

I know one way or another Adam will come home, even if he has to drive, and with any luck he might make a stop in Minnesota. Now, wouldn't that be nice? I know it won't happen, but a mom can wish!

4 comments:

sarah roo said...

Wow. I don't even want to think about Adam getting sick. Just come home, Adam! Keep doin' what you're doin'.

Judy Roo said...

I know honey....I just want him to be home with his family...strong and healthy.

Kara said...

I didn't know what was going on in California! This must be a hard trip for Sara Beth - it is one thing to have him be gone, and something else entirely to worry about him not being able to get back! Stay strong Sara Beth and stay well Adam!

Adam Wright said...

I heard that some airports in some parts of the world were doing temp scans. I didn't see anyone doing that at the airport in Sacramento.

I wore a face mask through the airport and on the plane and in the trains in Atlanta. Some guys and a gal sitting a couple of rows behind me on the flight from Arizona to Atlanta were making fun that I was wearing a mask...but it was funny...they didn't laugh anf make fun so much when people on the plane were sneezing and coughing...