Thursday, April 30, 2009

What A Nice Day

I had such a lovely day today. I set my radio for 5:45 a.m. so I could be on the road to Sarah's house by 7:30. Derek had his end of the year pre-school program today and I was invited. Now, how nice is that?

I arrived at Sarah's with a half hour's time to spare before Punkin (Davey) had to be taken to the bus stop. Punkin was gong on a field trip today to the Minnesota Zoo and then going to his Spanish class right after getting home from the zoo. So, I only got to see him for that little bit of time before leaving for school.

But, I got to go to Derek's program and it was fabulous. It had a baseball theme and all the children did such a nice job of singing, doing the actions and dancing. Derek did everything just like a little showman. I was so proud of him and so proud to be his gramma!

Below is a video of Derek (4) in the program and another video of Jackson at home. Jackson is 10 months old now and has started to crawl.

I had such a wonderful day! I don't know how I could be any happier or luckier except maybe if Adam and his family lived closer to us. I love all of you and if I could have kept the older grandchildren little I think I might have been tempted to do just that.

I hope you enjoy the videos. Derek is the blonde boy second from the right in the front row wearing the Oshkosh zip up sweatshirt. He just loves music!



6 comments:

sarah roo said...

Pretty sweet. It was a very good day. Derek's program was a sweet as it could be! And he was so cute! I still can't believe Jackson is crawling! It's going too fast! Joe! Hurry up and get here!

Kara said...

Yeah Derek! Great job! I can hardly wait to get to go to all of his productions as he grows up! That was fantastic!

Betsy said...

Judy, Looks like Derek is into music like you - lol

This is the time for you to enjoy your grandchildren. They grow up too quickly.

My youngest is now 10 and the oldest is 24-but now it's time for my 2 year old great grandson Breyden.

Hugs Bets

Brook said...

I enjoyed the changing of the guard video very much, but the highlight of my view of your blog was Jackson and the Sock! my computer wouldn't show the video of Derek, but glad he enjoys music. Thanks, Judy!

Brook

Judy Roo said...

thanks brook......glad you got to see jackson in action...he has moved on to eating anything in his path now no matter what it is...

he sure is a sweet little guy...

penny said...

Lovely videos judy, especially of the children. The one of Derek makes me smile, he is adorable, a little showman in the making.