Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's Official

Yep! It's official! I am now an official subscriber of Medicare. As of March 1, 2008, I entered the ranks of health insurance that I remember my parents talking about.

I knew it was going to happen. I knew there would be decisions to make. There was talk of Medicare, supplemental plans and prescription plans. There was talk of which doctor you could go to and it all seemed like things old people did.

Ok, I am laughing! I am not old. I just have to do things old people do.

It is now March 5, 2008 and all the decisions have been made. I have two of my three health cards and the third is on the way. And, if there is anything I have decided that I want to change, I must know the window of time in which those changes can be made.

I did make one decision that gave me great pleasure. In fact, I looked forward to it. It symbolized what felt like a huge life transition....that of changing health plans. It is right up there with confirmation, graduation from high school, going to college, getting married, having children, taking and leaving jobs and anything else that alters your life in a significant way.

The decision I made was to shred my old health insurance stuff. There was something that just felt good about doing it. It marked an end and it marked a beginning. I don't like endings nearly as much as I like beginnings. It just seems they go together. It is like we can't say hello to the new until we say good bye to the old.

The Shredder On Shredding Day March 1, 2008

1 comment:

The Review Guy said...

Congrats on the changes.