Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Where Did The Time Go?

March 16 is coming up, and not only is it a special day since it is my birthday, but it marks the first day of the rest of my life. I know that sounds funny, but it feels so true.

I have not totally gone over the edge. I am just aware that when I was young, turning 65 seemed like something old people did and then all kinds of things changed. They talked about changing their health care providers and the doctors they could go to. My having to think about those things seemed a long way off.

Social Security Administration Building

Now, it is my turn. Last week, I visited the Social Security Administration to apply for Medicare. And, this week, I will visit my insurance agent to sign up for the supplemental plan that will cover what Medicare won't cover. And, now my new best friend's name is Mrs. Edwards who resides in the above building. Thank you Mrs Edwards for all your help. I wish I had gotten a picture of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! And you must be feeling better if you are posting on your blog.

Adam Wright said...

I remember thinkning about the selective service the same way when I was 15. Going down and signing up for the selective service seemed forever away. And now that was 20 and a half years ago! (yesterday was my 38 1/2 birthday).

Judy Roo said...

that is so interesting adam..I learn so much about you through this blog...

and happy 1/2 birthday to you...it was so nice when you called last night..made me smile..

it still is making me smile..