Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse And A Memory

Last night, February 20, 2008, we got to see the last total lunar eclipse until the year 2010. Even though it was cloudy the moon was quite visible.

I remember the first time I saw a lunar eclipse. It was winter and I must have been in second or third grade. We lived in an upstairs apartment across from the Chaska City Park. My friend, who lived next door to us, and I were ice skating on the ice rink her dad had made for her in their yard. I remember standing there knowing something magical was happening and just being aware of the cold on my face and seeing my breath in the air. That would have been maybe 58 years ago.

Some things in life just take your breath away. Some of those things still take your breath away.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was really amazing, wasn't it? I saw it on the news and thought "oh, it's too cold to go out and look" and then I went out to run an errand. I went right back inside and told the kids to put on their warm clothes and come out and look at the moon! I don't remember ever seeing anything like it.

Judy Roo said...

that is so great kara roo....I am glad you guys saw it..

did the kids like it too?

Adam Wright said...

We had rain and clouds. I know over the years I have seen lunar eclipses. Always a great and interesting site.

Boatwoman said...

Sadly we did not see it from the boat, the skies were cloudy. I can however imagine how wonderful it must have been. I guess we will have to hope the next one gives us clear skies.