Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011 ... A Slideshow

Christmas 2011 was a Christmas filled with so many emotions. With my dad's dying on December 10, our family was keenly aware that the oldest member of our family would be looking down on us and watching us do our best to carry on the family traditions. He would have loved the decorations, the lights, the food, the talk, the laughter and the sounds of the children.

I placed the sweater my dad always wore over his chair at the dining room table. It made it feel like he was there.

We celebrated Christmas in the spirit of family, and family is what my dad was all about!

I hope you enjoy the slideshow. Merry Christmas and thank you to everyone who has held me and my family in your thoughts, prayers and loving arms! Judy

4 comments:

sarah said...

That's really nice, Mom. I love you.

Judy Roo said...

thank you honey...I love you too!

Rainee said...

Judy that is just lovely... the decorations are just beautiful and your dad would have loved it I am sure he is watching ..he is not gone.I had the feeling he was there in the room, sharing it all with you.. thanks for sharing hugs Rainee from Australia. xx

Wendy said...

This was beautiful, Judy. Thank you. Wendy