Monday, October 10, 2011

Update On Tom

My last post left off with letting you all know that Tom was scheduled to see a neurosurgeon concerning his left foot drop. The appointment was last Thursday and no time was wasted getting him scheduled for surgery.

A small piece of disc, that has broken off in the area of L5 S1, is pressing on the nerve root and it is stopping the communication that tells the leg muscle to lift the toes/foot.

I would like to say we can be confident there will be a full/permanent recovery. I can't. It seems there are "windows" of opportunity when maximum recovery can be expected. We have missed the first window and are now into the second window. We may or may not get full recovery. It is possible we will get only partial recovery.

Check in time is 8:30 a.m. and surgery is scheduled for 11:00. My daughters, Sarah and Kara, will be spending most, if not all, the day with me. That is how we do it. We do these things together. I know our son, Adam, would be with us too if he weren't so far away. He has kept in close touch by phone.

Please send your thoughts, love and prayers for Tom, me, our family, the doctors, nurses, anesthesiologist.....all those who love and care for Tom. I believe in the power of prayer.

I will post as soon as I can to share the result of tomorrow's surgery.

10 comments:

Montana said...

You are all in my prayers. And I'll add Tom to the prayer list at my church. I, too, believe very strongly in the power of prayer. I know that is what has gotten me through so much. May God bless all of you.

Sharon said...

Judy,
I will hold all of you, plus medical staff, in thought and prayer tomorrow!
sharon

Sylvia said...

remonJudy,
May the Lord guide the hands that work on Tom during surgery and those that will work on him in his recovery. May HE give the family the strength and support they need during this time. Judy, you're not alone on this weary path, we your friends walk beside you holding your hand offering our prayers, love and support. God's continued Blessings...
Sylvia

Rainee said...

Judy you both are in our prayers here too , pray that the surgery will be a full success as there is more things wrought by prayer than this world dreams of.. and where two or three are gathered together there I am in the midst so Tom won`t be alone through the Surgery the Lord will be with him every step of the way, guiding the surgeons and med staff,, and also will be there to comfort you and your family.. God bless you all and we will continue to pray for you all especially Tom as he faces surgery.. hugs Rainee xx

Mary Pat said...

Prayers are going out for Tom and for all of you.

Love,

Mary Pat

Judy Roo said...

thank you everyone for your love, thoughts and prayers....I can feel your arms around us and hear your footsteps as you walk with us .. I know when the medical staff wonders what that breeze was as they worked away that it will be all of you...

God really does give us angels in the form of family and friends......

the waiting room and the operating room are going to rock with all your support : )

huggsss and love
judy

June Trottier said...

So sorry to hear of more problems in the family Prayers are with you and yours, for Tom to have a clear bill of health to come Hugs June

Anonymous said...

Judy, I just read your post. I want you to know that Judy, Penny, Candi and my self are praying for your whole family. We all know the "waiting" is the worst part. You tell Tom all will be well, just keep the faith. The road is never to long as long as We walk with the Lord. Hugsssss from the four of us.

Patricia (Redtulip) said...

awwwwwwwwwww Judy so sorry, you and Tom are in my thoughts and prayers. HUGGGGGGGS my dear friend

Pat said...

Dear Judy and Tom,

I have been praying for you for a correct diagnosis and treatment since I read it last week and will pray for the Great Healer to give complete restoration. Also for you to know the peace of the Lord through this. Love, Pat

God bless your day, Pat