Saturday, July 02, 2011

A Great Visit With Adam And Family

My son, Adam, and his family have been visiting this last week. It is the first time we have seen them since Christmas 2009. Adam was home for my niece, Briana's, funeral in February 2010, but otherwise we have been miles apart for far too long.

Below is a slideshow of pictures set to music of the last few days. The cast of characters includes Adam, Sara Beth, Kallsen (6) Parker (5), Sarah, Dave, Davey (7), Derek (5) Jackson (3) Kara, Sam, Christopher (18) Amelia (13), her friend, Haley, my sister, Linda, brother-in-law, David, Tom, my dad and me.

Kara cut Adam's hair. They are twins. Adam gave Sarah, Kara and me head scratchers so when you see a picture of the three of us girls with things sticking out of our heads, that is what they are. We went to Music In Plymouth, the big 4th of July gala in our community, which was a spectacular night. And, we spent time with my 98 year old father. It was a happy week!

I love family. I love my family. To have the oldest member at 98, and the youngest member at 3, and everyone in between together was wonderful! My grandsons, Josh and Joseph, weren't able to be here and oh, how we missed them.

Adam, Sara Beth, Kallsen and Parker leave this morning to head back to South Carolina. Goodness gracious I am going to miss them! They are taking Amelia back with them for a ten day visit. Have fun Amelia!

11 comments:

Esther said...

It looks like you all had a grand time. The boys sure have grown. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Roo said...

thanks esther...yes, the boys have grown and we really did have a grand time..

Judy Roo said...

thanks sarah...

Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend, what memories you and your family will have to cherish forever. Judy, thank you for sharing such precious family moments. I've said before that you are a "Special" individual. Everytime I read your blog, it reinforces that belief. One more thing, I bet theres a big void in your heart right now, God Bless You, hugsssss Bill

Judy Roo said...

thank you bill...and you are right...this week was for making memories and we surely did that...it was a wonderful week and I love sharing life...I love that you enjoy my precious moments...I hope they bring joy to others... huggggsss judy

Patricia (Redtulip) said...

awwwwwwwww Judy what a very nice family you do have!!! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I know all of them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy...So nice to see your family out enjoying themselves. Such a wonderful outcome to the past year!!

I will be thinking of you as you walk. There are so many names to be said. Leah who was 4 when diagnosed, my godson's elder daughter, today is cancer free. BUT..please say her name. Then there are my breast cancer-survivor friends: Pat, Shirean, Kenna, Mary, Colleen, and Doris.

Always there are names. Then there are those who are stars twinkling above us. If you run out of names, you can mention Norma, Phyllis, Carol, Don, Heidi, Al, Bob, Dale, Marie, Rex, Thora, Arden and Gladys.

I am so proud of you...may I say that?...for walking Judy! Walking with and for Sarah...and many more! Will be praying for you all!

With love from SC,

D

Judy Roo said...

thank you diane..you may absolutely say you are proud of me and proud of sarah .. you are right..we have walked this journey together from the beginning and we will continue to walk together...

I will add your names to my list..I plan to carry my list with me and look at it as I go...

thank you for your prayers, your thoughts and your love...judy

Judy Roo said...

thanks patricia...you have been a part of this family for a long time through our talking....I love that you feel like you know them all.......hugs

June Trottier said...

Judy, what a joy for you and your family, the best things all around to enjoy FAMILY. thanks for sharing. Hugs June

Pat said...

I enjoyed the wonderful loving, happy photo slideshow of your family ! Your Dad at 98 was an inspiration - he walks better than me ! thanks for sharing - the music was great fun ! Pat