Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Training Post # 11...With A Thankful Heart

I don't know how time can pass so quickly. Perhaps being busy makes a person not feel the days come and go.

I will catch everyone up to speed on the life of this 68 year old girl.

First of all........I have reached my fund raising goal for the 3-Day for the Cure, and exceeded it. I am over $2,400.00 as of today.

It is with a grateful heart I thank everyone for their support and financial donations. In order to walk the 3-Day for the Cure, I needed to raise $2,300.00.

Thanks to all of you I have met that goal, and with each step, will say a name of anyone you would like me to be walking for. With each step I take, if I can put a name to it, something wonderful happens inside me.

I am already walking for a few I know by name.........

Sarah
Angel
Lynn
Pat
Kathy
Karen
Curt
Betsy
Jennifer
Michelle
Vicki
Tina
Ellen
Janice
Keri
Mark

I have had to put my walking on the back burner for a few weeks. There are some business circumstances requiring my attention, and a fund raising garage sale at Sarah's this week, and a visit from my son and his family next week that I am preparing for.

I can't miss my life while I am training. I will train again. But, first, I get to see my son, his wife, and two of their sons next week. We have not seen them for a year and a half.

I brought them home from SC for Christmas, 2009, because I anticipated the death of my niece, Briana, and I wanted us all to be together. Then, Sarah was diagnosed with cancer and life was redirected. I smile. That is a nice way to put what has felt like a trip to hell.

I can't wait to see my son and his wife and their boys.

I want to hold them, hug them, hear their voices and laughs, and feel them as they live in my house for the days they are here.

Memories are going to be made. I want to be here. I don't want to miss life in the moment. God will help make me strong enough to carry out my training after their visit.

I will train.

I will walk.

I will walk for the names anyone sends me.

I will say your loved ones names with each step I take.

With all my heart I thank everyone who has supported me in my training and in my fund raising goal.

If you want to see my progress...my reaching of my goal...just click on the link below.......

http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2011/TwinCitiesEvent2011?pg=peditor&fr_id=1626&px=5787663

With a grateful heart I say good night.

I will keep you updated on my training.

I will keep you updated on my life.

Life is to be lived.

I intend to do just that.

Love,
Judy

6 comments:

sarah said...

:) I love you Mom.

Judy Roo said...

:) I love you too sarah...

Esther said...

This is a nice post. Enjoy your visit with your family.

Judy Roo said...

thanks esther...I will...it is nice to hear from you...

Anonymous said...

Judy, there is a time when I am at a loss for words. You said it all in your blog. You are an amazing individual, hugsssss Bill

Judy Roo said...

bill ... thank you .... I always love your words...you are so eloquent and write from your heart..hugssss from sarah and me...