Sunday, May 29, 2011

Training Post # 7.....3- Day for the Cure...The Last Two Days Were Hard But We Walked In The Sunshine Until The Sirens Went Off

(Walking In The Sunshine) by Roger Miller. I loved Roger Miller. Click to play.


The last two days were hard. Sarah and I walked ...what was it.... 11 miles yesterday. We did hills. We did going up hills. We did going down hills. It was the most hills I have done to date.

We walked outside until the rain came and the sirens sounded. We caught a ride home since the sunshine had ended and finished up at the Y in Sarah's neighborhood.

I went to bed early and slept nine hours. I woke up and wondered if I would be able to get out of bed.

I did get out of bed knowing I had 5 more miles to do today.

I had to talk to myself. I had to tell myself I could do it. I started getting ready to go to the Y. With each article of clothing I put on, I began to feel that I would be able to do it.

And, I did.

I did it.

Enough said.

I must not forget to say....I am training for the 3-Day for the Cure....a 60 mile walk in three days to raise funds for breast cancer.

I am walking for my daughter, Sarah, and so many others who were never given the chance to walk, for those who cannot walk for so many reasons, and for those who will come after us.

Sarah has learned of so many breast cancer patients whose breast cancer has mestastisized. The cancer has come back in their brains, their spines, their livers.

I pray there is a cure for this dreadful disease.

I can do something. I can walk. I can raise funds.

Oh, yes. I get tired. I am tired. But..............that is ALL I am.

I will walk. I will walk until I can't walk anymore.

I must raise $2,300.00 in funds to do this walk.

It is taking everything I have.

I am asking for your support. If you are able to make a donation, please consider doing so.

I will walk for your dollars. I will walk for my daughter. I will walk as far and as long as I can walk.

To make a donation...

1. Please click on the link below.
2. Then click on Donate to a Participant on the right.
3. Type my name into search for a participant.
4. My name will appear in a box as you scroll down.
5. Click on Donate now and go from there.

http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2011/TwinCitiesEvent2011?pg=peditor&fr_id=1626&px=5787663

I thought I had it figured out how to take you to my personal page so you could check my progress and make a donation, but alas, I seem to be in training for this too : ) I hope I get it figured out. There is a way to do it!

Thanks,

Judy

5 comments:

Shelli said...

Hi ma! It makes me teary thinking about how hard u are pushing yourself to do this.

Thank you for doing this for so many people. You're inspiring me & i'm sure many others too!

* Shelli *
Ps. I love the music!

Judy Roo said...

thanks shelli....I am glad you like the music...me too...xo

stever said...

Judy,

You go Girl!!

I gather from your training posts that you will be walking over on Shower Sunday, perhaps with Tom driving very slowly behind you as your own personal support vehicle. After all, if you aren't going to go first class, why go at all.

After that walk, I hope you will be hungry as we will have plenty of food for you here. This kind of reward always works for me.

Judy, when I read your posts, they invariably strike a chord in the deep recesses of my memory.

This morning (5:55 am) it came clear to me for the first time. Your approach to this challenge reminds me very much of my work up to the Mpls-Chicago 500 mile Aids ride......the first and only one of these things I have ever trained for. I see in your approach many of the same things that I was working through when I was, dare I say the word, "training" for that.

All I can say is that, the blood, sweat and tears you put in now pays off big time. I suspect that adrenaline/camaraderie/excitement will carry you a long way, but to enjoy the experience rather than endure it, your training is the key.*

*Please note: Do as I say, not as I (not) do.

Seeya.
s

lisauk said...

Dear Judy…Both you ladies are doing a remarkable thing between you’re working together to achieve this. And you’ll never forget it Judy years to come down the road.

Most of my mother's side have succumbed to this evil dreadful illness ... all passed and it has gone to the cousins too Judy. One was in her 40s with the breast cancer, and the latest her sister 3years ago in her 70s ..after being a heavy smoker had lung cancer.

So as you can imagine I feel for anyone who has to see loved ones suffer and donate locally to our hospices and shops that we have in the uk, but wish I could do what you're doing Judy.

I had to give up work at 53 with ill health ..and since then I have osteoarthritis all over the body Judy, which disables me so much judy. The only thing good what has come out of this is ..I gave up smoking after 45 years lol and that’s been over 4 years now …

So good luck Judy ... God bless you both and all the family unit …. xxxxxx

lisauk

Anonymous said...

Judy and Sarah, what a difference you have made in my life. There is no way I could contemplate giving up, now that I have been following the enormous challenge you two have undertaken. God loves you, and I sure do to, Hugssss Bill