Friday, May 27, 2011

Training Post # 6 .. Second Post Today....Who Knew?


Who knew that I, Judy Wright, would ever be training for a 60 mile walk in three days?

I can tell you that if I had had a crystal ball 40 or more years ago, I could not have or would not have foreseen this.

My family knows me mostly attached to my recliner. They may even think it and I are one.

Close to 170 training miles later I only visit my chair now to rest and recover until the next walking day.

I have started defining myself as an athlete in the making. This could be a slight stretch, but I am finding humor is a pretty good companion as I train.

I read a quote that I like and think speaks to my "new" life.

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." Frank Herbert.

The change that awakened me was not my little girl crying in the night, but the phone call I received that led to my daughter's diagnosis of breast cancer.

Oh, yes, this sleeper awakened.

And, I have found personal resources I didn't know I possessed, including my ability to train for this incredible walk that my daughter and I will walk hand in hand.

Let's do this!

One step at a time!

Please take a look at my personal page on the Susan G. Komen website and consider supporting me in reaching my $2300.00 goal in fund raising.

http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2011/TwinCitiesEvent2011?pg=peditor&fr_id=1626&px=5787663

Thank you...Thank you....Thank you!

Judy

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

I think it's great that you are training for that walk.

I have been walking a lot more lately but for a different although still worthy cause. I also need a lot of training and have not yet reached the same level of distance that you have.

keep up the good work!

Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Judy, I find myself telling my family about your and Sarahs incredible undertaking. I have said, and it bears repeating--I will be with both of you through out your amazing challenge. Hugssss, Bill