Friday, May 27, 2011

Training Post # 5 ... 3 Day for the Cure ... Come Rain Or Shine

Come rain or shine Sarah and I will be walking August 19, 20 and 21st in the 3 Day for the Cure.

We have been training for weeks now. So far, Sarah says we have walked over 170 miles, and we have miles to go before we reach the finish line. Below are two pictures from one of our training days a couple weeks ago.





It was raining. Sarah called it a drizzle. I called it a torrential downpour with the wind whipping the ice cold pellets of rain in our faces. We had fun. We laughed. We said how good it was to be doing this together.

We are a team. We have been a team from the beginning of this journey.

This week our training looks like this....

Tuesday....walk 3 miles
Thursday....walk 5 miles
Saturday....walk 11 miles
Sunday....walk 5 miles

And, it goes up from here!

I'm getting better. I am in better condition. After walking my 5 miles Tuesday, I could still do lots of other things. The first day I walked 5 miles I think I was rendered useless the rest of the day.

Yep, I am becoming an athlete : )

At the bottom of my post you will find the link to my personal page on the Susan G. Komen website. You can check my progress in my fundraising efforts. I need to raise $2300.00.

I am coming along in this effort and I still need donations. If you are willing to make a donation, you can do this easily on my personal page.

Thanks ... Love ... Hugs ...

Judy

http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2011/TwinCitiesEvent2011?pg=peditor&fr_id=1626&px=5787663


No comments: