Saturday, October 02, 2010

A Nice Day For A Drive


Sarah, Davey and Derek wanted me to meet them out at the cemetary in Chaska where my mom and Briana are buried. Davey calls the cemetary the land of blessings.

They called me about 3:15 today.

I was having a quiet day, relaxing in my chair. I wasn't sure I wanted to change the pace of my day, but while Sarah was talking to me on her cell phone, the boys kept saying....

"What's she saying....what's she saying?"

Sarah told them I would be coming. She knew I was going to do it. She said to me, "I knew you would say yes eventually."

I could hear them in the background....

"Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!"

So, off I went.

It was a beautiful day for a drive. I thought it would be nice to see Sarah and the boys. I thought how nice it was to be wanted by these important people in my life.

And, I thought......."I GET to do this. I GET to see my daughter. I GET to see Sarah. Sarah is alive. I GET to do this!

But, the story isn't over yet.

Sarah called me as we were both on our way. She said she couldn't find a way to get there. The roads were flooded and, without going a long way out of her way, it wasn't going to happen easily.
Davey, who is 7, asked her...."Mom, are you lost?"

Sarah said, "No, I am not lost. I know where I am, but I don't know how to get where I am going."

Davey said, "Mom, that is the very definition of lost!"

We both turned around and went back home with smiles on our faces.

It was a nice day for a drive.....and a smile.

1 comment:

Life Is Good said...

So funny!! Not easy to double talk Davey lol