Thursday, July 01, 2010

Music In Plymouth 2010

Welcome to Music in Plymouth

The amphitheater reflected in the pond....the Minnesota Orchestra is on the stage




This is a picture of part of the amphitheater, the pond, the reeds, the American flag and the sun is just starting to set....it is a beautiful place


The amphitheater reflected in the pond...in the foreground you see Tom on the left and our friend Steve on the right......


My friend Kathy and me


On Wednesday night, June 30, Tom and I went to Music in Plymouth with our good friends, Steve and Kathy.

Music in Plymouth is our annual 4th of July community celebration. It is an event that we have gone to for quite a few years and it simply goes on our calendar as soon as we know when it is scheduled. I think they have to schedule it around the Minnesota Orchestra's schedule, so the dates are never the same.

We invite family and friends to join us, and while only Steve and Kathy could come this year......the four of us were a small but mighty group. Kara and her family are busy getting ready for a graduation open house for Christopher who leaves for the Cleveland Institute of Art this fall, and it would have been way too much for Sarah and family, given that chemo fatigue is playing a big part in Sarah's life right now. And, Adam and family live in SC which just makes it not work for them. Next year.....maybe next year...maybe all of us can be together on that special night.

Music in Plymouth draws so many people. Average attendance is around 15,000 people. Everyone brings tarps, blankets, chairs, loungers, food, drinks (non-alcoholic), and we sit on a hillside and enjoy the setting and the entertainment. They have a number of musical groups that perform and the evening is capped off with a performance by the Minnesota orchestra and an outstanding fireworks display.

I have put some videos on so others can experience a taste of what I am talking about. The videos will be in no particular order because I am not keeping track of what I am doing : ). Sometimes blogger just doesn't cooperate when uploading videos, so I have to do it at odd times and I lose the sequence. I figured "human" is "in" this year and I do "human" really well!

The evening started at 5:00 p.m. and we didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. Enjoy the videos and make sure you have your sound on....there are several fireworks with music videos, a female vocalist that is really nice, some african music, (I am trying to get the minnesota orchestra video uploaded) and I think that is it.....X your fingers I get them all on...I am continuing to try and upload all of them...as I said up above...sometimes blogger foils my best laid plans.

Welcome to my world!











4 comments:

IssyAB said...

If you were in Winnie The Pooh and your name was Kanga, your offspring would be Roo Roo !!!

It's stuff like this that keeps me busy all the time !!

IssyAB

lisauk said...

Wonderful reading this Judy ..am so pleased too you and your good friends got away for a break …

Relaxed and chilled out ..recharged the batteries. I do think about you and all the family, and have been into Seniors chat, asked if you are ok ..

Take care, stay strong, and give my Best wishes to everyone.

Diane said...

Hi Judy...

Thanks for sharing. Loved the music and the fireworks. I do hope that this is just the beginning of some good R and R for you and Tom. You so deserve some "Judy" time.

I hope that Miss Sarah continues to improve. I pray that this is so!

With love,

Diane

sarah said...

I'm like, who's Diane! Oh, then she said Miss Sarah. Now I know. I love you, Mom!