Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We Had A Good Day

Oh, we had a good day today! I was supposed to get my hair cut but there was a mixup at the salon. That worked out ok because Sarah really didn't want me to be gone anyway. I got back home only to find Sarah about to heat up some of the tater tot hotdish and she was both starving and glad to see me.

She had had a rough night last night. She didn't sleep much in spite of taking some pretty powerful drugs. She needed sleep, but she also needed some fun. It has been a little on the dark side here the last couple of days, so I said, "Wanna go out for lunch?" That was met with a resounding "Yesssssssss!!"

We wanted to go someplace we hadn't been before. After lots of thought, I remembered a place I have been wanting to go. It is called Cowboy Jack's Saloon. It is close to home and the whole place from the outside looks like it would be fun....not your typical chain restaurant.

We headed off, once Sarah got her makeup on. When you have no hair, makeup is key! But, the new and good news is that Sarah's hair is starting to grow back.

We had some fun with that. After lunch at the saloon we came home and played a bit.

When Sarah shaved her head, because she was going to lose it anyway, I decided to grow my hair in support of her. I thought the little boys would need gramma to look regular and not have a shaved head.

Sarah's hair really is starting to grow back. There are some little spriggles of hair on her head now. They are very light in color and some are maybe a quarter inch long. She made a joke about needing to part her hair now. We laughed at that and also decided that maybe she should use one of my hair combs to hold her hair in place. A girl can have fun with lots of things!

Below are some pictures from our day and a little video that was just so fun to make. It was a good day and we are on the road up. Give or take some fatigue, and a few muscle aches and pains, the side effects are easing off a little now.

If fun and humor and laughter have the ability to heal, then we quite possibly overdosed on all the good things.





Cowboy Jack's Saloon..........welcome pardner (says Judy)



The rifle door handles as you enter Cowboy Jack's Saloon


One of my lovely hair combs holding Sarah's hair back



I love these combs....I have four of them
I think they are so romantic and now
that I am growing my hair I can wear them


Below is the video I took of Sarah and me having an exchange about her fixing her bed. I was apparently in the way when she was starting to fix it and it went from there.
We laughed till we hurt. I had to shut the video off because I hurt so much from laughing.
I hope you enjoy it too and maybe the laughter will be contagious. I hope so!


No comments: