Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Slice Of Normal

It is Saturday morning. At 8:05 a.m. my phone rang. It was Davey, age 6.

Before Sarah got cancer, it was normal for Davey to call me and just talk or watch his tv shows or watch a movie while I sat on the phone at my house. He likes to have me with him. He has done that ever since he was really little. Every now and then he will say, "Gramma?" I will say, "I am here honey." He will say, "Ok, just checking."

It is 8:22 a.m. and Davey and I are "watching" Toy Story 1. I am smiling. It is 8:25 a.m. and Davey just said, "Bye, Gramma." There is never any warning. He comes. He goes.

Joe, from Ireland, was on skype and was "watching" too. When Davey said bye, Joe said, "That was quick. I was just starting to get the hang of Toy Story 1."

There will be another time Joe. Normal is returning. And, I am smiling. Life is good.

No comments: