Saturday, June 26, 2010

May Not Be Everybody's Great Day...But It Is Mine

(The Moment) Please click to play

Sometimes I think I am too easy to please. It doesn't take much to make me happy or have a good day. I wrote earlier today about Davey calling me and wanting to watch Toy Story 1 with me over the phone. See what I mean? That just made me really happy.

It is now 1:49 p.m. and I have talked to my son, Adam, who lives in South Carolina and is very instrumental in getting disc golf courses set up in his county. He was on his way to a new disc golf course that is being set up and he just called to talk. I love that. Over the road and on the phone talking to his mom.

Then, Sarah called. She is at a special spa pampering day set up by her oncology office. She had just had some wonderful healing touch/energy work done and it turned out to be a wonderful beginning healing experience that she will continue. She had so much to say, much of it through some tears.....good tears.

And, while it may not sound like fun, it is for me. When I am home alone I love to get things done. I have done laundry, thrown stuff out from the fridge, cleaned out the bread drawer, done bookwork for the office, paid bills, and now I am sitting down having a glass of pink lemonade.

Does the fun ever stop : )

I think I am beginning to relax now. I mean relax in the sense of beginning to believe that maybe...maybe....some of the hard stuff with Sarah is over. I know we have much more to do, and while I don't know what that will be in total, it feels like the future will be filled with good things.

It is fifteen minutes later. I had to go take some clothes out of the dryer. Freshly done laundry always smells so good. I can taste my lemonade. When I look out my windows the world is still. It is quiet except for the occasional sounds of a neighbor doing some yard work. The windows on the main floor are plastered with leaves from last night's thunderstorm and the decks are strewn with leaves and small branches.

In a little bit I am going to go cut up some chicken and make something for supper. It is a good day. It is a simple day. It is a "choose to" day. I can choose to do whatever I want to do today and everything I have chosen to do has made me smile.

It is a good day!