Monday, June 21, 2010

Life Around Here...The Promise Of Tomorrow

(Dante's Prayer) Please click to play

The world outside my window is overcast and quiet today. Rain is hanging in the air. I don't know if it has started to fall or not yet. I know it will. Tom started to mow the grass, but I didn't hear the mower for very long. The house is quiet. Sarah is napping. The lingering smell of the tater tot hotdish I heated up for her for breakfast is making me smile. It is what she wanted. All in all, it is a fine day.

Sometimes, life around here is just really nice and peaceful, safe and serene, tranquil and gentle. Being in the moments in my life are good even when it means there is something hard going on.

Sarah loves to hear the birds. They make her happy. The doe has not come to rest yet while Sarah is here. I hope she will. Life around here is ok. It is better than ok.

I think I feel some hope today. I had a flash this morning as I sat and talked to Sarah. She was in her bed and I was sitting in the glider rocker. She was still hurting from the muscle aches, but she said, for the first time during this round of side effects, "I know this is going to end." She couldn't say that yesterday. I knew then that everything was going to be ok. It is.

My deep breath just came out. Just now. Such simple words. Life today is ok and there will be better tomorrows.....tomorrows without side effects from chemo. Today, I feel the promise of tomorrow.


The pretty doe lying in her favorite resting spot


Our home in May before we got our flowers for the deck....it was a beautiful day


What Sarah sees when she looks out the window of her room at my house
My daughter, Kara, made me my grandma pillow years ago



Sarah's view but this time you can see her wig sitting on the wig head
The wig and wig head are part of our world for now



The tater tot hotdish I made for Sarah yesterday.....she loves it so much she just wanted to hug it....it is "mom comfort food"...nothing wrong with that!

It is a good day and there is the promise of tomorrow....I can feel it!

2 comments:

sarah said...

I love you, Mom! And I love tator tot hotdish! Thank you for making it for me. And for dishing it up for me. Many times a day.

..... And thanks for not calling me your "dough girl" on your blog! LOL.

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Judy, you and Sarah have such a beautiful relationship, and it makes me smile to realize the strength the two of you have. The two of you have a place in my heart forever. God Bless your whole family, Hugss, Bill