Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Things From Today

Here is my list.....at least the things I can think of.....this will be sort of like a gratitude list...the things that made today a nice day....

Sarah felt good enough to be able to go home to be with her family....they were all happy to have her at home tonight. This does not mean I don't miss her...because I do...big time.

All of us....Sarah, Dave, Davey, Derek, Jackson, Tom, Judy, and Alyssa, who is taking care of the kids and helping out at Sarah's and Dave's this summer, all went to dinner at Noodles and Company. While at Noodles I sat by Jackson, age 2, and got lots and lots of fish kisses : )

(Anyone who doesn't know what a fish kiss is?)

Davey, age 6, asked when he was going to get to see me again. It is nice to be on the most wanted list.

Derek, age 5, ran to see me and gave me a nice hug.

I got to watch America's Got Talent again tonight and saw a heartwarming audition. Two sisters, one 13 and one 20, both with Cystic Fibrosis, sang a song that touched the hearts of everyone....the judges and the audience including me. They had been told they would never be able to sing. It was a few minutes of genuine appreciation for life and courage and determination.

I had my favorite ice cream in the house...Pistachio Almond...and sugar cones....you know the dark pointy ones?

The sun came out this afternoon after some rain...the clouds were white and the sky was blue.

I laughed with Sarah today while she was still at my house.

The traffic was good on the way to and from Noodles.

The coffee is made for tomorrow...it comes on automatically so it is ready when I get up.

The sink is clear and the dishwasher is running.

When I was in facebook late tonight my grandson, Joseph, age 12, instant messaged me and we had a nice talk...that was really special.

And, now, I get to go to bed and think about the good things that happened today.

Yep, good things happened today.

No comments: