Friday, May 14, 2010

Sarah's Mother's Day Letter To Me


Thank you, Mom, for being the kind of mom I want to be.

Thank you, Mom, for taking me into your home, willingly and lovingly, while I recover from a double mastectomy, port surgery, and 4 rounds of chemo.

Thank you, Mom, for turning your living room into a recovery room for an unknown length of time.

Thank you, Mom, for taking care of me. For helping me with my drugs. For making sure I eat right. For making sure I sleep when I should.

Thank you, Mom, for coming to all of my appointments, for taking notes and asking questions. Then telling me what was said, even though I was there.

Thank you, Mom, for bringing the fun to the appointments.

Thank you, Mom, for being a great mother-in-law.

Thank you, Mom, for being a great grandma, and for making my boys feel special.

Thank you, Mom, for loving me. No matter what. Through thick and thin. Through cancer and chemo and hair loss. Through laughter and tears.

Thank you, Mom, for listening when I talk and when I cry. And for hearing me when I don’t.

Thank you, Mom, for saying that it’s OK that we didn’t get to celebrate your birthday or Mother’s Day this year. Because I’m alive.

I love you, Mom. I praise God for you!

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: