Friday, May 14, 2010

A Little Story

Dave and the boys came over tonight. Dave brought a meal provided by one of their friends. They had a mission to take care of. The mission was to take Sarah back home with them. She has been staying with me for eight nights since her second chemo treatment.

The side effects from her second chemo treatment have subsided now and she feels well...one might say she feels normal....or is normal relative?

All we know is she was missing her family and they were missing her, and she was well enough and strong enough to go home with them tonight. That is so good!!!

The tradition is that before the little boys leave my house they always get a little snack size baggy of Pringles to take in the van for the ride home.

I was getting the Pringles ready and Davey, (6), was standing by me.

I said, "I love you punkin."

He looked at me.

I said, "Someday, soon , I will tell you that with my whole voice."

(I have bad laryngitis tonight and can hardly make a sound)

He looked at me and whispered, "It doesn't matter."

The look on his face had such love and compassion and understanding.

Was it before or after they left I felt a tear in my eye.

No comments: