Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Life's Curbs

What was yesterday? Oh, yes. It was Monday. I can't remember. I thought I didn't talk to Sarah yesterday. Except for late last night. But, I did. She called in the morning to tell me Dr. Migliori's office called. We are going to see Dr. Migliori this Friday. Friday, March 2, 2010.

It was the call we were waiting for. It was a wait that lasted from Friday to Monday. Time has no meaning. Yes, it does. Time means everything right now.

The meeting with Dr. Migliori is the beginning of the next.....how many weeks and maybe months?

Dr. Migliori is the plastic surgeon. Sarah, Dave and I will talk with him about the choice Sarah wants for her reconstruction surgery. He will talk with Dr. Bretzke and then the hospital operating room will be scheduled for her bilateral mastectomy.

It is what we are waiting for. It is what we don't want to be waiting for.

The breast center called Sarah yesterday too. They have scheduled her to meet with the oncologist on Friday, March 26. His name is Dr. Zander. I think that is what Sarah told me late last night. Maybe he isn't a he but a she. We have been told that meeting usually comes two weeks after surgery. That would mean surgery will probably be next week or early in the next week.

Facts...guesses...it is what we have for today...

Except for curbs...I have curbs....life curbs.........

The things that keep me from going over the edge....you know like the curbs along a narrow two lane road in the old days...now the curbs have been replaced with those bumpy things that make noise when you veer too far to the side of the road.....or are coming up to a stop.

My curbs..........family, friends, faith, hope, belief, age, wisdom, laughter, my funny way of seeing things...........curbs........the things that keep me mostly in the center of the road......and the sunshine...and when the sun isn't shining....the sky......


The sky giving me a kiss and a hug.......I love the sky

As I write I am getting back inside myself. I was outside myself when I started. I write and I heal. I think. I feel. And, then I can do. And, I am doing this with my daughter.

She calls me. She has a thought and the phone rings. We talk.

I am back now. I can say that with a smile. It is time to do what I can do for today.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I love you Mom.

Mary Pat said...

Judy Wright, you are one wonderful woman! I cry as I read your postings.

What a gift you have of sharing your feelings! Would that everyone had that gift!

Love,

Mary Pat

ldfs said...

I love your concept of "curbs." I never heard that before or thought of curbs as having a positive meaning. Usually we think of curbing something that is negative, but in this case, it's more like a protection or safety net.

By the way, based on some Googling, I think Dr. Zander is Paul J. Zander, so as you first thought, a man.

lisauk said...

Thoughts are always with you an the family Judy ..God always gives us strength when we need it most ..
Prayers said for all the family ...
Love lisauk