Monday, March 15, 2010

God Is Good.......


I am writing this post from the couch in my fireplace room. As I look out the back window I see some blue sky ... mostly clouds .. but as I look into the front room I see my daughter. I see Sarah sitting in the bed I made for her.

There is some soft music playing....she is sitting up doing something on her laptop....the lights are on.....and in a half hour I will be giving her the next dose of meds .. 11:30 a.m. she will get her muscle relaxant and her antibiotic.

Yes........we are home. Sarah had her surgery last Friday.

I don't even know where or how to begin to tell you. As I try to think of the words sitting here on my couch.......I guess I haven't really talked about it much yet...it has been so busy.....

All I want to do is cry....my throat is thick...my chest is overwhelmed with gratitude for so many things.

Sarah is ok...Sarah is good....Sarah as far as we know, barring the final pathology report, is cancer free. They did the bilateral mastectomy and removed the sentinel node (main gateway to the lymphatic system) and one other node. Both came back negative. When the surgeon told us that that is when I melted. I didn't know I had stopped breathing for so many hours.

I will write more as we settle into a routine. The only routine we have had is to be doing whatever was needed and with my apologies I am so sorry I didn't have the time to do a post. I also know this post will reach understanding hearts.

Sarah is good. Sarah is home at my house right now. Sarah is healing. Sarah is beautiful. Sarah is cancer free.

The story will go on for a long time. We are at the beginning. We will write more chapters and with all my heart I thank everyone for their love, care, support, prayers, pink hair, pink clothes, pink thoughts and all the hugs and kisses...real and virtual.

From my heart,
Judy

3 comments:

sylvia said...

Praise God, Thank you Jesus!

Susan said...

"Praise God From whom all blessing flow." What a beautiful picture - mother and daughter so close and so much love. Now begins new hope...new joy...and new experiences. Thank you for letting all of us know who have been holding our breath. Now we too can exhale. Love, Susan

Unknown said...

Great news Judy....my regards to all