Thursday, March 04, 2010

Getting Ready

I know it is already late and I am on my way to bed. I know I haven't written anything for a day...maybe two...I don't remember.

I worked hard today. I am getting the front room ready for Sarah to come home to recover. I am going to put a bed in the front room. I bought a new bed. It is a Kingsize Comforest Adjustable bed. It has two twin mattresses. Dave will be able to sleep beside her and not disturb her. The boys will, in time, be able to be on one mattress...close to their mom, and not disturb her.

I have bought room darkening shades...sort of .. that I can block out the light in the room. The room can be shut off with french doors.

This is what I can do. I can create a quiet, dark when needed, serene recovery room for my child. I will put a baby monitor in that room so I will be able to hear her if she needs anything.

I can do things. I wish I could take it away. I can't.

2 comments:

Melissa Neumann said...

How blessed Sarah is to have such a wonderful, caring supportive mother as you!!! I hope I can be a mother to my daughter as I see you are to Sarah!

sarah roo said...

You're doing a lot. You are doing enough. And I know you'd take it away if you could!