Thursday, March 18, 2010

From Sarah's Caring Bridge Site Journal + Note From Mom

I couldn't get to sleep last night. Despite the pain pills. I think it's because Mom shut off the lights unusually early. Like 10:30 p.m.!

So I laid there in the dark. And every 2 hours I got up to take more pills.

And I thought about how lucky I am. And the many, many blessings I have received since this diagnosis.For one, my mom. Mom and I have had some really wonderful time together. She is with me all the time. She helps me with everything. But my favorite part is when we go to bed, and lay there together, holding hands and talking. Like it's a slumber party. This is one of the biggest blessings I've gotten out of this whole thing.

Another blessing is being able to spend so much time with Joe. He came from Ireland, for me. To be with ME! He's been there for every little thing. Including pre-op, post-op, the hospital stay, and all the time we've had together since I've come home to Mom's house. It's nice to just "be" with Joe. When we're not rushing, chasing after the boys, or at Perkin's. :) There is so much to love about Joe, and I get to learn more every day.

I've also fallen in love with Dave in a new way. I almost feel like we're meeting again for the first time. My love for him is grounded and yet so fresh. It's nice for me to see him every day when he brings the boys over. Dave is being his regular, wonderful self. I've just got a fresh appreciation for all that he does and all that he is. I am so lucky. He is the best husband in the world. :)

I miss my kids. That, itself, is a blessing . As a stay at home mom, I don't get the opportunity to miss them. ;) I actually MISS them. And I'm excited to see them every day after school. What a blessing. I love my boys. I really do.

Another blessing for me has been my friends. Some friendships have been strengthened and some new friendships have been made. I have been on the receiving end of the best side of people.

I feel so lucky and blessed.Those are some of the best blessings I've received so far. There are more. I'll talk about those later. :)

Today I see Dr. Migliori. I don't know why he's seeing me, but I've got a list of questions for him. I'm sure he will be part of my blessing list later today.

Thank you ALL. Thank you ALL for everything that you do for me. Big and small. Loud and quiet. Signed and initialed.You all are blessings to me.

Let's do this!

We're doing this!

*****Note to Sarah from mom******

I love you sarah. We all, me, dad, joe, dave, the kids and your friends didn't know what to expect. You didn't know what to expect. This whole thing has been and continues to be a whirlwind of emotions and needs of multiple dimensions. It and you have touched us all physically, emotionally and spiritutally.

You have written from the beginning.......LET'S DO THIS!

You have done this! We have done this! We will continue to do this! All of us!

And, my sweet child, I can feel your hand in mine as I sit here and wait to hear your breathing change so I will know you are finally sleeping and getting some needed rest.

I love you...shhhh...nite nite! xo

3 comments:

sarah roo said...

I love you Mom!

Pat said...

Wow!!!...whats a lovely post. delighted everything went so well...happy birthday Judy

Anonymous said...

At last I can write back your blog Judy ... Firstly can i say how pleased i am Sarah, that you've come through this op ..an still got your sence a humour , an the will to love an live ..(you go girl)My knees ache with kneeling praying an hoping you an the family are coping well ..
Sending All my love from the uk ...
OH bye the way i'm getting used to wearing Pink , ta make the boys wink !!!!!lol