Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gramma Is Available

Sarah, Dave, Davey (6) Jackson (20 months) and Derek (4)


It was 10:10 a.m. and the phone rang.

Gramma........."Hello"

Davey......"Hi"

Gramma....."Hi Punkin! How's my punkin today?"

Davey........"I'm glad you're available."

Gramma...."I'm here honey."

Davey......"I don't want to be alone."

Gramma....."How come?"

Davey....."I'm scared."

Gramma......"Ok darling. I'll be here."

It's 11:10 a.m.

Punkin and I are still together.

He is playing computer games and I am listening.

Every now and then he says something.

I clip my cordless phone onto my shirt and go about the things I think I need to get done.

They will get done.

They always do.

First I will be a gramma.

Life is changing at his house.

I am glad I am available.

No comments: