Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The New Tradition

It was about 11:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, May 24, that the phone rang at Adam and Sara Beth's house. It was for me. It was Sarah letting me know that my being in South Carolina was really hard on Davey. You see, Davey and I are the best of friends and he calls me pretty much every day when I am at home. We hang out together on the phone. We watch his shows, play his computer games, go outside, eat and do pretty much anything he is doing. He just likes having me there.

Sarah also let me know that some or all of the family would be meeting us at the airport Sunday night even though we left our car at the airport. Here is the story.......

When Tom and I arrived home from our trip to Ireland in March, Sarah and the rest of the family met us at the airport and then Sarah and Davey drove us home to our house. Well......it seems that we were locked out of our house at 11:00 at night. Not one of us had a key to the house so we called Kara to bring her key in to let us in. Because Kara was coming from Chaska and it would be a half hour or so wait, Tom, Sarah, Davey and I decided to go to Perkins and meet Kara there. We now have the makings of a party going on in the middle of the night and now Davey thinks this is how we do things. When gramma and grandpa go away they pick us up, drive us to our house, we will be locked out and then we go to Perkins!

Below are a few pictures of our trip to Perkins.....the new tradition!

Davey (Punkin to me) and gramma at Perkins
Derek and Punkin with blue tongues from the blue drink they both ordered


Sweet little Jackson having his snack at Perkins. His little eyes are so tired. He is getting over his pink eye
You know something? I think I am going to like this new tradition!

1 comment:

Life Is Good said...

Looking forward to being part of this new tradition when I arrive at Minneapolis/St Paul in June.