Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kallsen's Pre-school Graduation

Last night we went to Kallsen's graduation from pre-school. I don't think any of us expected what we experienced.

The ceremony, and I do mean ceremony, was held in the auditorium of the Wallhalla High School. The 25 or so children, ages 4 and 5, performed a wonderful program on stage. They sang and performed little skits to music and their faces were full of smiles and excitement as they entertained parents, brothers, sisters, friends and grandmas and grandpas.

Following the stage production, there were taped interviews of each individual child which were played on a big screen. Each child was spotlighted and asked the question, "If you were President of the United States, what would you do?" The answers were amazing. Each child had some idea of what they would do to help people or help the world and make it a better place if they were President of the United States. Remember, these little ones were 4 and 5 years old.

There was a slideshow of pictures showing each child doing the things they do every day and the slideshow was done to a song that I really have to find. Adam will know or at least he can find out. The words that I kept hearing over and over were "Let Them Be Little." For some reason, pictures of children in all their innocence and joy set to music touches me. I can still see those little faces and hear that music and there is hope for our world. I keep thinking...yes let them be little even when they get big...and they will be the best big they can be. For those that don't understand what I just said...leave me a comment and I will do a post on that.

And, finally, the end of the night came. The children put on their red graduation robes and mortar boards and awards were given and each child's name was called and they walked across the stage to receive their certificates and before they left the stage the owner of the school, Ken, congratulated each student and said "I love you."

No, I don't think any of us expected what we experienced.

Congratulations Kallsen on your graduation!

Love, gramma and grampa.

5 comments:

sarah roo said...

Oh my gosh. That's sounds beautiful. I feel like crying and I wasn't even there! How wonderful that you got to be there for such a special event.

Judy Roo said...

I know...I felt like crying during the program and again when I was writing this post...it really was very very touching..both dad and I were so glad to be here for it...

and I forgot to mention that each child was given a photo album that included pictures of them throughout the year...from the first day on...

playing, coloring, writing...reading...sitting with their friends..

it was just very very nice!

Anonymous said...

The song was "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean. It was a beautiful ceremony. I never expected the kids to walk down the aisle in their cap and gowns. I love Tender Loving Childcare.

Sara Beth

Adam Wright said...

You can see Kallsen get his diploma on my blog.

Kara said...

Wow!