Friday, March 06, 2009

Big Plans For Tomorrow Seeing As I.........

Yesterday afternoon, Friday, Joe went out to the store to get some food. Before he left he and I put an adaptor up in my bedroom so I could plug in my hair dryer. We tested it and things looked good.........................and then Joe left the house...........Tom was napping..................and I showered and was going to see if I could beat off the case of jet lag I had.................and then I was going to do my hair.......................

It sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

It was simple enough..........until I smelled the smoke!

In fact, I had gotten my hair dry and turned off the hair dryer. I was finishing getting ready and out of nowhere the hair dryer turned on all by itself and I saw and smelled smoke. I didn't really believe in little fairies or leprechauns or banshees until that moment. All I know is I didn't turn the hair dryer back on and I really didn't want Joe to smell smoke when he walked in the door!

So, I did what any self respecting girl would do and called for Tom right after I unplugged the hair dryer. And, when Joe came home I said I had good news for him. He asked me what that was. I told him the good news was that the house didn't burn down...that we had had a case of a smoking hair dryer and he shouldn't take his coat off because we needed to go out and get me a new hair dryer.

But, at that moment, that would have postponed his cooking supper.....so, we decided to do our hair dryer buying on Saturday, which it now is, because none of us seems too interested in going to bed and it is now 12:35 a.m. Saturday morning.

We are having a great time............all of us! Joe is a great friend and a great host and he never loses the smile no matter how many opportunities I give him.

2 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I'm glad you didn't burn down Joe's house...but if you did, what an interesting story that would've turned into over the years...The Time My Mom Went to Ireland and Burned Down a Friends House...

Judy Roo said...

I know ad....I just said to joe after reading your comment that somehow all of life turns into a story...I love that you said that...