Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


The stockings are hung on the chimney with care

It is 7:30 a.m. and there are two very excited little boys on the phone. Davey and Derek called me to share their fun Christmas morning with me.

I am a lucky gramma!

Somehow leaving them to go clean bathrooms just doesn't seem like something I want to do.

The family will be arriving around 2:00 this afternoon for our gift opening and more family will be coming around 4:00 for our big family dinner.

One of the most fun things this Christmas is I have bought my dad a Christmas stocking. It will be his very first ever Christmas stocking in all his 96 years. I said to him, "I will hang your stocking on the mantle with everyone elses. Yours will be the 18th stocking this year." He said to me, "I want it hung in the middle so I can be surrounded by the whole family."

That is exactly where his stocking is hanging! Right in the middle of the family!

Merry Christmas everyone! Adam, Sara Beth, Joseph, Kallsen and Parker....we miss you so much and wish you were here!

Love from us to you!

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Merry Christmas! It would be nice to see Grandpa Kallsen open his first stocking.

Judy Roo said...

I believe dad got some video of it...I will post it so you can see the opening of the first Christmas stocking by grandpa kallsen..

he left it here so we will have it ready for next year....18 stockings in all now...

what an amazing family!

Anonymous said...

It was a really nice day! I loved the look on Grandpa's face when he got his stocking! We all missed having your family with us, Adam. Merry Christmas!