Sunday, November 02, 2008

Life

Derek as Spiderman, Jackson Toby as little Superman and Davey as Big Superman


Lots has happened in the last few days. First of all, Davey called me on October 29 and was all excited about Halloween. We talked for a bit and then he said he would call me on Halloween and we could say "Good Morning!" I believe I wrote that in my last post.

Well, that happened! It was so great! Punkin (Davey) called me on the morning of Halloween and we talked a bit. It made me smile!

Secondly, my dad called on Friday morning. Friday is the day he usually calls because I often don't work on Fridays. He told me he got to go to Wisconsin to see his younger brother of five years or so which would make him 91. My sister, Linda and her husband Dave, took him. He was glad to see his brother and wife because they have been having some health problems. My dad is like me. If someone is not doing well, I want to see them with my own eyes. It was a short but a good visit.

Thirdly, the video on my digital camera went kaput, so I was in a position where I had to go out to look for a new digital camera with the specifications I knew I would need. Those specifications were that it had to have good quality high resolution pictures and good quality video.

Tom and I shopped yesterday, Saturday, for a camera and I came home with one only to be dissatisfied with it. I took it back today after hours of trying to see if I could make the quality be what I wanted. But, I couldn't.

So, back I went to National Camera with my yesterday's purchase in tow. I think I spent three hours talking with a very nice customer service representative by the name of Mike. Mike and I looked at and tested both the picture and video quality of several cameras. I ended up buying a Canon PowerShot G10, which I think I will be very happy with.

I, also, did some online Christmas shopping which I have not really done before. It was a great experience. I did Christmas shopping and laundry while wearing my sweats! What is wrong with that picture? Absolutely nothing!!

So, all in all, I had a really nice weekend getting some things done that were on my "to do" list, and dealing with and solving the unexpected problem of replacing my digital camera.

Not a very interesting post, but a post about real life and my real life weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love shopping online. Especially now, since it's next to impossible to go shopping with three kids.

I'm glad you found a camera you like!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! And shopping online is the way to go! You get so much done in so much less time. Plus you miss the stress of the busy stores and crabby sales people - not to mention not getting sidetracked or tempted to buy something that was not on your list. And you still get the high of a job well done!