Saturday, October 18, 2008

Moments

(Dante's Prayer)

I just watched a movie on Lifetime TV. The name of it was Living Proof with Harry Connick Jr. It was wonderful and inspirational. It was a true story about a Dr. Slamon who did the research and fought for a drug to be used for cancer...primarily women's breast cancer. It made me cheer and it made me cry and it made me think of moments in my life that made me smile and cry in the last few weeks.

Two of those moments happened in South Carolina two weekends ago when we visited our son, Adam and his family. Our grandson, Joseph, who is 12, came to get Tom and me when we were at Chucky Cheese for Parker's 3rd birthday party, to take pictures at one of those photo taking booths. He had a picture taken with Tom and him and with me and him. They were printed out in sketch format and I said, "I am taking these home with me." Joseph said, "No, you're not. I'm keeping them!" And, then when Tom and I were getting ready to go to the airport Joseph left a piece of paper on our luggage and as I walked by it floated off. It was upside down, so I thought I better see what it was. It was a beautiful drawing that Joseph had made of a wolf and he signed it....To Grandma and Grandpa from Joseph and the date.


I went to find Joseph and hug him and kiss his cheek and thank him for his gift. I said, "Joseph, you have to stop doing things to make me cry." Know what he said? "No!" It still makes me smile and it still makes me cry. I love you Joseph!

And, yesterday, a friend and I went over to Sarah's to help with the boys. Derek, who is 3, is in the throes of potty training. He ran around the house naked all day and did such a good job going potty. When it was time for me to go home, Derek came and curled up in my lap....in all his lovely little nakedness and said, "I am going to miss you!" Oh, Derek, I will miss you. Yes, I will. And, sweet Davey said, "Can you stay a little longer?" I said, "Yes, I will stay five more minutes." And, I did.

And, as I got ready to go, Sarah, my sweet daughter, laid her head on my chest and said, "When I am the mom, I don't get to have a mom." I said, " I know, I know!" And, I do. She said, "I could get used to this!"

Moments..........my moments..........that make me appreciate my life. I have many of them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) xo