Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Lucky Gramma

Punkin, (Davey age 5) called me tonight. He was all excited about the pumpkin he had made for kindergarten. He made it after a book and he did such a good job. We talked about the pumpkin and his teacher, who he just loves, and Halloween, and his costume and Derek's and Jackson's costumes. He was so happy and excited and he called to share it with me!

He said he would call me on the morning of Halloween and say "Good morning!" He said, "We can say good morning to each other!"

And, then he said "Good night."

And, all I could do was be happy and smile and then maybe cry just a little bit.

I am such a lucky gramma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is pretty darn sweet. He brought the pumpkin to school for the contest and also brought it home, so it never made it to the library (for the contest). I think I'll just give him a first place award anyway. (we'll see, don't tell him!) He also wrote a book about his family. "This is Jackson. He loves me. This is Davey. He loves Jackson. This is mom and dad. They help Jackson. This is Derek. He is 3 years old."