Friday, September 26, 2008

So Proud

This is Davey (Punkin to me) standing at the bus stop his first day of kindergarten.

That was three weeks ago.

Sarah, his mom, called today to say every Friday a note is sent home with the children explaining what they have done during the week.

This last week they had studied words ending in "at" and numbers 1 - 4. For those who know Davey, you know he is far beyond words ending in "at" and numbers 1 - 4.

There was a second note sent to David WW's parents. Due to David's scholar abilities he has been accepted into a program that will encourage his education and abilities or something like that.

I will have to get my facts straight. I just know I am so proud of him and terribly, terribly happy and pleased that he is in a school that recognizes his gifts and knowledge and has a program that will nurture and nourish his learning.

Sarah said he has not once come home from school talking about being bored. It is all about being social for Davey.

I am proud of you Punkin and I love you! Gramma

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of him, too!!! That's my boy!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Davey! I hope you always enjoy school!

Adam Wright said...

That's great!

I know that Joseph struggled with being bored in school. Kallsen seems to enjoy learning and Parker, too.

It certainly is different to have kids in school.