Saturday, September 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad's birthday was September 1st and today, September 6, 2008 I hosted a birthday party for him. He turned 96 years old! Man, we had food. I had bbq meatballs, my special beans, ham, cheese, buns, carrots, cucumbers, dip for the vegetables, chips, salsa, cheese dip, pop and coffee. Sarah brought her delicious Asian salad. Kara brought cold tuna noodle. Linda and Paula brought fruit and cake. Oh, and I had red jello with cool whip. Nobody, absolutely nobody went hungry and most of the food went.

You have no idea how important all this is! You see, my mother taught me a rule about feeding company. It goes like this. If you have food left over they didn't like it. If you don't have food left over you didn't have enough. Makes me laugh. In spite of all that I light a candle for my mom every single holiday and birthday gathering I have at my house and today was no exception.

It was a great day! The weather was fallish and cool so the children could play outside and the adults could sit on the deck and talk. There were 24 members of our family here today and two neighborhood children who dropped by and stayed for a few hours. It made us all laugh!

Below are some pictures of some of the people who were here today and two videos that I hope will make Adam, Sara Beth, Joseph, Kallsen and Parker feel like they can enjoy the party too from South Carolina. We sure missed you guys and wish you could have been here!

My dad really enjoyed the day and Jackson Toby, who is 10 weeks old now, was broken into the family big time!

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!

My dad celebrating his 96th birthday at my house today. He is the oldest member of our family. He is holding Jackson Toby who is the youngest member of our family....96 years of family are represented in this picture

I love this cropped version of the above picture. It shows my dad's hands and Jackson Toby's hands

Grandma and Great Grandpa. Jackson toby, who is in Great Grandpa's arms is the focus of my attention

My sister, Linda, with our dad

Dave holding Jackson Toby

Cousin Josh holding Jackson Toby

Cousin Amelia holding Jackson Toby

My sister, Linda, my dad and me at the end of the day



Did I mention we also had peanut M & M's and peanut butter M & M's ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great videos! Great pictures! It was a nice day. We missed you Adam and family!

Judy Roo said...

thanks honey...it was a nice day and it was really wonderful to have so many of the family here..

we all agreed we should do this again for "no good reason"..

no need for a holiday or birthday or anniversary....just do it for "no good reason" because we enjoy being together!

Anonymous said...

It was a very nice party! And we should do it again. It was so great to see everyone! And so nice for Amelia to have someone her age (and a girl!) to play with.

The Review Guy said...

Sounds like you had a very nice day. Sorry we were unable to attend. Hopefully next year we can make the trip...