Monday, September 15, 2008

The Birthday House

Our house has been the birthday house the last three weekends.

August 30th was our grandson, Christopher's, birthday and he wanted his family birthday celebration here. The following weekend we had my dad's family birthday party here and yesterday our granddaughter, Amelia, had her family birthday party here.

We have a family tradition that my dad started many years ago of reading birthday, anniversary or "just because" cards out loud. Yep, from the time you can read you get to read your cards out loud while the family looks on. Cards are to be enjoyed and I really love that tradition.

When I said goodbye to Davey yesterday he made me laugh. He asked me, "Why did Amelia invite us to her birthday?" I told him, "Because she wanted all of us to be together for her birthday." Davey then said to Sarah, his mom, "Mom, next year I want to have my birthday party with everyone at gramma's house!"

So, I guess we have a new tradition now. It is nice to be the gramma who has the birthday house!

Below is a video of Amelia reading the card we gave her. Happy Birthday, honey! We love you!

1 comment:

Adam Wright said...

I always enjoyed when people read their cards out loud. I often wonder why other familes don't do the same thing.