Friday, August 22, 2008

A Full Day Yesterday

Yesterday was a full day. As a result of the hail storm on Memorial Day this spring our roof had what was called unrepairable damage. After working on the necessary paperwork for a few weeks I got all the paperwork submitted to the right people and the roofers arrived yesterday morning at 7:45 a.m.

While they were working on the roof I went over to Sarah and Dave's house to help with their garage sale. It was a hot, sunny, humid day but that did not stop the people from coming. I guess it is like "Have a sale and they will come!" And, come they did!

While I was doing a little cleaning and looking for some things to contribute to the sale I found a box that had some things from my high school years I guess. There is no date on something I wrote but I laughed right out loud when I got toward the end. (You will have to click on it to get a larger image in order to read it). I also found a pencil sketch I had done of my mother, which made me smile. I remember doing it, and thinking it was not good at all, but it sure is nice to have. It is always like running into her when I find things like this.

And, one of the best parts of yesterday was I got to take care of Jackson Toby all day. It was a total Gramma and Jackson Toby day! I got to feed him, change him, talk to him, play with him, hold him and nap with him curled up next to me in the bed. I will see if any of the pictures Sarah took of our nap turned out and put one up later.

The roofers hard at work


Have a sale and they will come

The paper I found that made me laugh


The pencil sketch I did of my mom


Jackson Toby on August 21, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson is so cute. He sort of looks like Davey.

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had! My boy sure is beautiful! Nice paper, too. Glad you're not a worm!